Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Good morning, Red Sox Nation


Once again, the MLB powers have decided to kick off the 2008 season in the friendly confines of the Tokyo Dome.  Note that it's officially the "Opening Series 2008," though I suppose I might be reading too much into the semantics of the wording.  Nevertheless, in honor of opening day, and with apologies to Jack Norworth, here's my own homage to Opening Series 2008.

Super Happy Fun Opening Baseball Day Series Song 2008
(to the tune of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game")

The season's opening in Tokyo,
So wake me up with the dawn!
I'll skip the peanuts and Cracker Jack,
Just give me some coffee that's laced with some crack...

If I wake this early for baseball,
How perfect will my workday be;
Unless asleep at my desk I do fall
And they fire me!

Good morning and best wishes for a productive workday to anyone east of the International Date Line who's sick enough to be up for this game.  I suspect I'll be tuning in as well, but I'm always up at this time anyway.

No comments: