Saturday, March 29, 2008

Baseball in the Coliseum

The flip side of my strange tendency to get up early in the morning is that I tend to fall asleep pretty early -- even on a weekend night.  Nevertheless, I'm going to try and keep it together long enough to catch at least some of the exhibition game between the Dodgers and the Red Sox at the Los Angeles Coliseum, which for those of us on the east coast won't be starting until about 10 PM.  Granted the left field won't be as short as it was when Wally Moon was whacking his "moon shots" over the 40-foot screen -- though I think 200 feet is short enough.  I have mixed feelings about the situation surrounding this game -- specifically the appropriateness of having the Sox get back in spring training mode -- but it's not going to keep me from enjoying the spectacle.

No comments: