- Starting 3B Alex Gordon finished his first MLB season in 2007 with a .725 OPS, but failed to get a single vote for Rookie of the Year. He's hitting 7th in the lineup, and is so far hitting .269 with 2 HR and 6 RBI.
- The Royals will be returning to the powder blue uniforms beginning this Saturday 4/12. ESPN's "Uni Watch" covered this one some time ago, calling it a half-hearted attempt at retro.
- Closer Joakim Soria has three saves, 7 SO, and has given up only two hits and walked no one. The only closer with a better record based on WHIP and saves is Mariano Rivera. Nevertheless, he's still only owned by 82% of the owners in CBS Sportsline Fantasy baseball. Buster Olney covered this interesting comparison on ESPN Sunday (subscription required).
- New manager Trey Hillman led the Nippon Ham Fighters of the Japanese Pacific League to back-to-back pennants in 2006 and 2007. Rob Dibble and Kevin Kennedy described him on XM Radio's "The Show" as someone who would "bring the best of Japanese Baseball" to America.
- The top blog covering the Royals, Royals Review, is written by Will MacDonald, a PhD candidate in English at the University of Iowa specializing in 18th and 19th century literature.
Their hot start may not continue -- but I'm willing to bet they finish this season with a better record than 63-93.